When you create your account, you will receive an email with two links:
– the first one is to activate your account (only once when you login for the first time),
– the second one is the internet address (url) to login your account (ex: https://myaccount.hiboutik.com).
On the login page of your account, enter the email and password you have chosen when you create your account.
At the beginning, you account is in “demo mode“. In demo mode, you can try out Hiboutik to get familiarized with the data and program, and you can reset your data whenever you want.
On all receipts/invoices printed while demo mode is active, ‘Demonstration’ will be displayed on the print out.
To activate the production mode, you must click in the “Sales” part on the “Demo mode – Learn more” button in the center of the page.
To start using Hiboutik, you can follow these steps:
1. Check your tax rates in Settings/General settings/Sales taxes
Normally your account is already setup with the default tax rates of your country. You can select a default tax rate that will be automatically applied to your new products.
2. Check you payment methods in Settings/General settings/Payment types
Two basic payment methods are already available in your account: CCARD (credit card) and CASH. The DIV payment method is used to manage multi-payments. If you need more payment methods, you can contact our customer service and we will add them on your account.
3. Before creating your products, you need first to configure the general settings of your products in Products/Products settings, like your product categories, brands, suppliers or variants.
Products can be classified into categories to help you find them easily on your sale interface. You can create as many different categories and sub-categories as you want.
Suppliers are used to track your inventory and create stock orders.
Variant types enable to manage products with variations (ex: a shirt with different sizes).
4. Now you can create your first products in the Products tab of your account, by clicking on the “Create a product” button.
The compulsory information to fulfill in a product form are: the name (to identify the product), the tax rate (select it in the drop-down menu) and the selling price (tax-inclusive or exclusive depending on what you have selected when you create your account).
If you want to track your product into inventory (you will have to add stock to start selling it), you must assign a supplier to your product and select the “Stock management” box.
If your product has variations you must select its variant type.
To easily find your product key on the sale interface, you can add a picture.
Other fields in the product form are optional and will help you better track your products. Ex: with the supply price, you can calculate your margin and value your inventory.
You cannot delete a product, but you can archive it. You can select the Archive box in the product form. The product will be hidden in your account.
5. If you track your product into inventory, you must proceed to a stock order in Products/Stock orders. When you validate a stock order (receive the goods into stock), the quantity is registered for your product and you can start selling it.
6. You can now proceed to your first sales in the Sales tab of your account.
On the left side, you will find all your products sort out in your different categories. When you click on your product key, the product is added to the sale in the right side of your sale interface. You can also add it by scanning its barcode or using the search bar (“Add a product” field).
To check out, click on the “Payment” button, select the payment method used to pay the sale, and close the sale. The receipt will be printed automatically.
Then, you can:
– create new users in Settings/Users/Users and assign them specific rights and restrictions in Settings/Users/Access management.
– Install your receipt printer in Settings/Printing/Printing tests, configure your receipt content in Settings/Printing/Receipt, or select your invoice layout in Settings/Printing/Invoice PDF A4.
– Setup your discounts in Settings/General settings/Discounts or Settings/General settings/Happy-hour.
– consult and print your end-of-day report (Z report) in the Reports tab.
Each new account comes with one point of sale. To add more outlets to your account, you will have to subscribe the multi-store option (Sales/Subscriptions).
Many features are available in your Hiboutik account. You can activate them in Settings/Users/Access management. In this knowledge base, you will find guides to use these features.